BAM Basics – Getting Familiar with FoodBAM
We’ll let you in on a little secret: we know that getting set up with new software isn’t always easy for everyone. That’s why we’ve creating our BAM basics, an easy guide to your FoodBAM software essentials to get you started and keep your rolling like a pro. Each of these events is designed to be simple and easy for users at all levels. With 7 steps or less you’re on your way to FoodBAM glory. Let’s get started.
How to change your password:
- Go to foodbam.com
- Click on “Login” in the top navigation menu
- Below the blue “Sign in” button click on “Forgot Password”
- Enter in your business email address to reset your password
- An email will be sent to you with a link to reset your password!
Editing/Adding Items in Comparison View:
- In your FoodBAM dashboard, click on the two -arrow symbol in the upper right hand of your screen under the shopping cart
- To add a new generic group click on the “Click to add a new generic item name” text on the top center of the screen
- A text box will appear. Here you can enter in your group name for example “Chicken Breast” and hit enter.
- Next, pick the items you want to add to that group by clicking on the add new item “+” sign on the lower left hand of your screen. This will automatically search for your generic group name i.e “Chicken Breast” through all of the items you have loaded in from your various distributors.
- If you don’t see all of your products, you can edit your original search term in the search field at the top of the screen. Remember- not all distributors name their products the same so varying your search term may pull more relevant results.
- To drill down even further into your results, click the green “Filters” button at the right of your search bar to refine your search and select a specific distributor or filter by a past order.
- When you have found the items that you want to add to that group, click on the “linking ring” symbol which will turn green.
- Click on the green “Add” button on the bottom of the screen to save that item.
If you would like to delete an item in your comparison view, click on the three dots in the top right-hand corner of the item and click on “delete”.
If you want to delete a generic group name, click on the trash can symbol on the left-hand side of the group name.
- Open the menu bar on the left had side of your FoodBAM account
- Click on “Order History”
- Hover over a previous order that you would like to work off of. On the right hand side you will see three buttons “Receive”, “View” and “Reorder” appear in blue, green and yellow respectively. Click on the yellow “Reorder” button. This will automatically add all of those items from that pervious order to your shopping cart and open your shopping cart.
- Once in this screen, you can edit the quantity of items, delete items, and more from here. Explore our re-ordering blog to see more detailed options!
Edit your Shopping Cart:
- To get to the “Review Order” screen in your shopping cart, click on the shopping cart icon in the top right-hand corner of your screen
- If you need to increase or decrease the quantity of an item use the up and down arrows next to each item.
- If you would like to remove an item click on the “x” on the left-hand side of the item.
- If you would like to move an item from one distributor to another click on the grey “linking ring” symbol. If available, this will bring up the generic group from your Inventory view. Here you will be able to remove the intended item and add it to another distributor.
- Whether in list view or comparison view click the “Sort by” dropdown menu at the left-hand top of your screen under the search button to sort your items to see them in a different view.
- In list view you can choose from Most Purchased, A-Z, Z-A, Price Lowest to Highest, or Price Highest to Lowest. In Comparison view you can sort alphabetically from A-Z or Z-A.
- To sort either view by a custom feature, select ‘Custom’ from the ‘Sort By’
dropdown menu. In both views the Custom option will allow you to drag and drop the order that you see your items in.
Add a special request:
If you are shopping and want to buy an item that is not on your order guides OR that perhaps your sales rep told you about because it is on special, you can still buy that item through FoodBAM.
- Open the Main Menu bar on the left-hand side of your screen if it’s not open already
- Towards the bottom you will see a blue “Add Special Request” button.
- When you click on that button, select the distributor from the top dropdown menu, select your unit of measure or quantity, describe the item you want in the text box, and select the green add to cart button.
Submitting your order:
- Once you have completed your order and are ready to submit, click on the shopping cart symbol in the top right-hand corner of your screen. The cart will have a green number floating above it tallying your current items
- This will bring you to the “Review Order” screen where you can look over your order to make sure everything you need is in your cart.
- Click on the green “Checkout” button on the bottom left hand of your screen.
- Next, you will be on the Shopping and Payment page. Here you can select your desired delivery date from a drop down menu and select “Pay with Terms.” Don’t worry- these are the terms that you have set up with your distributors so nothing about your deliveries or invoicing will change.
- On the delivery details page, you can add a delivery note to your distributor that will get added to your Purchase Order as well. Click “Next” when you are done.
- Last step! This is the “Final Review” of your order, look it over again to confirm your order is correct. If you need to make any changes at this point, you can select your items and either remove, edit, or add still. Once you have reviewed and approve your order, select the green submit button.
- And just like that your Purchase Orders for each distributor are sent directly to them!